Sunday, May 25, 2008

Blog Mania

Here I am joining the blogging world again.  Oh, this isn't new to me.   I have others. I blog for my preschool families so they know what we learned all day - especially when there is nothing in the cubbies !  (  That is a whole blog to itself - worksheets are not DAP for preschoolers!)  I have a blog on Myspace , which originally I created just to keep up with my teenage children who had myspace accounts.  I have a blog on our "Kiddos" music website , to keep everyone updated on what we are doing and where we are. www.kiddosmusic.com)



I also have a "secret" blog that a friend and I keep together,  just for fun.   That blog shall remain secret.  I mean seriously, do we write anything on here that might cause people to gasp ( a baptist drinking WINE) or hurt someone's feelings ( I went to Wendy's and her house was a pig sty!  JUST Kidding Wendy !  I love reading your blogs and we BOTH know I havent been to your house in forever!  If you need to feel good about your house chaos, come see mine !)  .  Sometimes you just need to vent. I mean I couldn't get on here and complain that my husband is a slob and my preschool parents are crazy ( only a couple really are!).  Everyone needs a secret place, a place that is just theirs.  That is what my "secret" blog is for.  My random thoughts that can't hurt anyone, even when I am having a bad day.  



So, you might ask, why are you starting another blog? Well , my primary goal is to be able to comment to all you awesome crazy ladies that I have gotten to know through "blog lurking" . Many of you I feel like are my friends!  I know, I know.... you have no idea who I am.  Another reason is , I just love to write.  I love to write about life.  I want to be known as a memory maker. I think one of the best ways to preserve memories is to write them down. Write them down in such a way that the reader can smell the soup in the kitchen, can hear the baby crying and feel the love .... as though they are there.


So, here I go again . 
 
First I will introduce myself  and my family so you know  where I am coming from.
My name is Debbie.   I have a preschool in my home and we are completely state funded.  I LOVE my job.  I am a commissioner on the Arkansas Early Childhood Commission.  I am a mentor for Quality childcare in Arkansas.  I work 24/7 with my husband Randy and we just finished a children's music CD that we will present at over 36 shows this summer in a three state area.  Wanna see us?   Check it out.   www.kiddosmusic.com.  I love singing.  I love scrapbooking.  I would love to lose oh.... a 100 pounds.  

 
I have a 19 year old daughter who is gorgeous.  Danielle just moved home from spending a year in Hawaii.  Many would say she is spoiled. I would say she is loved.  I would also say she drives me crazy as our relationship changes from little girl / mom to young woman and friends.



I have a 22 year old son, Addam , who is super intelligent. He is in the army and is in linguistics. His major language is Korean.  Addam reminds me how hard it is to keep a mother /son relationship strong after they leave home.



Geneviette - she is 2. She is Addams daughter and the most precious grandbaby ever, and my first.  For years  I have watched grandparents talk about their grandchild being the smartest or the prettiest and laughed.  I am one of them now... ugh....  LOVE being a grandma.



Randy- there are sure to be blogs about Randy.  I was married for 16 years to my high-school sweetheart.  That marriage crumbled , or was smashed, however you want to look at it - and God sent me Randy.  now seriously, why would God send me - a strong Baptist girl - a devout born again Catholic?  It has been the best of times and the worst of times.  Randy and I just are good together in most every aspect  - except faith.  I haven't gotten an annulment so Randy cant take communion in his church.   My kids were against an annulment.  I hope to one day in the future.  My pastor says for me it is just a piece of paper.  So glad my faith isn't determined or affected my someone else's piece of paper.  Anyway, so far, this journey we have taken has been  wonderful . We have had bumps along the way, but love prevailed.  Maybe God knew what he was doing after all.






I do have extended family here .  My brother and his family live here and my parents.  My mom has cancer ( 2nd time ) . 
Life is good. I am a believer that you have to LIVE life to ENJOY it.  

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am SO glad you are on here!! This is awesome!

Thanks for the history recap...I didn't know a lot of that.

Now we can keep in touch much easier. :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for your kind comment...i would love to hear more of your preschool ideas...we can all learn from eachother!

and yes, i know what you mean about communicating with parents when there is nothing in the cubbies!