Sunday, June 28, 2009

Concerts and Conditions


I am waking up in the nice luxurious Comfort Inn in Little Rock. OK, maybe not luxurious but WAY Better than the hotels Randy picks out.  We spent four days at my friend Gwyns home and now we are in Little Rock. We came in for a concert last night.  The concert was PHENOMENAL.  I loved it! The Celtic women  have voices like angels.   In my younger days I would have loved to be part of a group like that. Now , I will just settle for being a children's musician... No fancy long dresses for me  or ALL TELL arena performances. Instead I get a bright shirt, tight capris ( a result of last years tour ) and flip flops!   And venues, well we did play the Lonoke library and in a backyard with the beautiful backdrop of a barbed wire fence and a walnut tree. Sounds beautiful and natural I know, but let 40 three year olds loose with walnuts on the ground and see how comfortable you feel... 




Randy has a sleeping problem.  I mean a serious one. I think he has caught that bug that a  lot of older people get.  You know, the one where you wake up with the chickens and get breakfast and watch the news.  Then all day long you talk about " I just dont know how people stay in bed so late.."   This morning at 6 am Randy woke up.  " Deb, go get breakfast with me."  I let him go on down there, but since I was awake I got dressed and went on down.  Homemade waffles with pecans. Yummy.   ( Remember the tight Capris?)   As I walked in he was talking to an older woman.  No doubt discussing how  "young'ns" stay in bed so late.  Randy says " well, there is my beautiful wife. Wow, she is up, I cant believe it!" I smile and get my breakast.  Randy needed a buddy eater.  We eat and talk about how we hate that all that is on the news lately is Micheal Jackson. Yes, he was a music icon.  Yes, he died.   Farrah Faucett died the same day.... she was working to protect the rights of privacy of our medical records. Something that I have no doubt Micheal is going to wish he had.  Ok, back to the story.  We come back upstairs to our room and Randy checks his email and then lies back down on the bed.



 " I am just gonna rest my eyes".  Well, as I type this, he has been resting them for about an hour and a half. I mean, why not just sleep in.... ugh....   Ever since I met Randy one of the things I admired about him was his respect for older people. I am actually quite surprised me married me and not an older woman.  Randy has aspired to be an old man for a long time. I think he has arrived.  :)

No comments: