After being on the road almost a week, we are back home. We are here for two days. Just long enough to wash clothes and repack. I have learned a lot while traveling doing children's music.
1. Always... Always, take the tag off your new shirt BEFORE starting to sing.
2. If you buy a cantalope at a fruit stand on the way and leave it in the truck, the smell can get quite strong.
3. If the hotel is "cheap" it probaby is....
4. If there is one man standing up alone in the audience marching and singing with you, dont point him out as a " great involved dad" he just might be mentally challenged.
5. If someone ask you for your autograph, dont laugh and say... are you serious?
6. If you are out driving the country in your off time and you go down a country road and a truck pulls in fast behind you , closes the cattle gate and locks it- be scared.
7. Be prepared if your script ask the children "do you wanna know how she did it?" for one child to say - no.
Those are just a few of the things I have learned so far.