Thursday, January 15, 2009

Addam - the daddy



Addam left this morning to go back to Hawaii. I know he was dreading it.  As I watched him with Geneviette these last six weeks , I realized what a great daddy he is.   He loves her with all his heart and she loves her daddy.  I taught her to put her little hands on his face and say " PPLLLLEASSEEEEE daddy, I love you."

  It may just be me, but it seems she has grown this month while he was here.  It make me really said to think how much she will grow before he sees her again in May.

This morning as he woke her up so we could drive him to the airport I heard him explaining to her again that he was leaving on a plane to go back to his house in Hawaii.   She would say " me too, me too ! "  I was headed in the room but had to turn and go out as the tears flowed  down my face.   

Geneviette and I didnt go in the airport with Addam . We said our goodbyes at the curb.  As we watched Addam walk through the doors Geneviette was saying " Bye Daddy, I love you."  Tears were streaming down my face.  Addam didnt look back.  I bet he was teary eyed too but from the back all I could see was my son, a wonderful daddy walking away.

5 comments:

Dana said...

I really love these Puffs Plus tissues. They have a little lotion in them and don't make your nose sore when you wipe it b/c you're crying your eyes out from reading your friend's blog!

Ms Debbie said...

The ones with Vicks rock, have you tried those?

AdamandKaylasmommy said...

I just have regular Puffs, and now my glasses are all smudgy.

I hate that this is not a perfect world, and they cant live together as a family all the time.

Brenda Hall said...

You know me...there is NO tissue strong enough to hold all my tears! However, I have discovered Puffs Plus, they are my favorite too. Debbie,I don't know what it is about being a Grandmother, but we tend to see all sides now, and our hearts ache for everyone involved. I know this is a difficult time for you & your family right now. Thinking of you...

Rita said...

It hurts so much to see our kids hurt, and not be able to make it better. Oh, for the days when a Sesame St. band aid made it all better. I am out of Puffs and have to use a paper napkin.