This week we start a unit on colors. We read about colors, we wear certain colors on color day. Some of the fun activities I have planned are:
1. I took a muffin tin and put color stickers in the bottom of each section. The children use the tin to sort color bears, pom poms ( with strawberry hullers) and anything else they want to sort.
2. We will play color and shape bingo.
3. We will finger paint .
4. We will build with colorful uniifx cubes.
5. We will play go fish with color cards.
6. We will go on a color walk.
7. We will sort and eat skittles.
8. We will make a Brown Bear Brown Bear book to take home. http://www.dltk-teach.com/books/brownbear/index.htm
9.We will make color collages.
10. We will song color songs.
Lyrics Adapted by Tim Christenbury
We will have tons of fun this week with colors !